What is Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is made up of 70% chlorophyll and although it doesn’t taste great, it is really good for you. You can eat the shoots, drink a juiced version (or even take a wheatgrass shot… a little different than the ‘shots’ you may be used to drinking, but all in the name of health) or take in its powdered form. Taking orange with a wheatgrass shot will help your body to digest and absorb the minerals.
- Supports the immune system
- Chlorophyll removes harmful toxins from the body, cleanses the blood and tissues of byproducts
- Improves digestion and detoxification as it supports the liver
- Is naturally gluten free
- High in vitamin C, vitamin E and B-complex
- Rich in magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, natural enzymes and amino acids
- High in antioxidants
- Improves skin and improves hair by making it shiny and strong
** Vitamin C and folate help to treat anaemia as it supports the growth and functioning of red blood cells
The quality of wheatgrass is really important, so read up on the top tips from Dr Mercola to find out how to avoid poor quality wheatgrass.
Dr Mercola Wheatgrass health benefits